My classmate Anuraag forwarded these rare pics…vow!
1) Tim Berners Lee — Founder of the World Wide Web
2) Picture taken when microsoft was started
3) Steve Woznaik(sitting) and Steve Jobs of APPLE Computers.
He was three months late in filing a name for the business because he couldn’t decide any name for his new company.
So he told the staff: “If I’ll not get a better name by 5 o’clcok today, our company’s name will be anything i like…”
so at 5 o’clcok nobody comeup with better name, and he was eating an APPLE that time…
so it was decided the name of the company as Apple Computers
4) Bill Hewlett(L) and Dave Packard(R) of HP.
Behind them in the picture is the famous HP Garage.
Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard tossed a coin to decide whether the company they founded would be called Hewlett-Packard or Packard-Hewlett.
And the winner was NOT Bill… the winner was Dave.
<5) Ken Thompson (L)and Dennis Ritchie(R) - creators of UNIX. Dennis Ritchie improved on the B programming language and called it 'New B'. B was created by Ken Thompson as a revision of the Bon programming language (named after his wife Bonnie) He later called it C.
6) Larry Page(L) and Sergey Brin(R), founders of Google.
Google was originally named ‘Googol’.
After founders (Stanford graduates) Sergey Brin and Larry Page presented their project to an angel investor…
they received a cheque made out to ‘Google’ !…
So they kept name as GOOGLE
7) Gordon Moore(L) and Bob Noyce(R) founders of Intel.
Bob Noyce and Gordon Moore wanted to name their new company ‘Moore Noyce’.
But that was already trademarked by a hotel chain…
So they had to settle for an acronym of INTegrated ELectronics… INTEL
8) Andreas Bechtolsheim , Bill Joy, Scott Mc Nealy and Vinod Khosla of SUN(StanfordUniversity Network) MicroSystems.
Founded by four Stanford University buddies.
Andreas Bechtolsheim built a microcomputer;
Vinod Khosla recruited him;
Scott McNealy to manufacture computers based on it;
and Bill Joy to develop a UNIX-based OS for the computer…
SUN is the acronym for Stanford University Network .
9) Linus Torvalds of Linux Operating System Linus Torvalds originally used the Minix OS on his system which he replaced by his OS.
Hence the working name was Linux (Linus’ Minix).
He thought the name to be too egotistical and planned to name it Freax (free + freak + x).
His friend Ari Lemmk encouraged Linus to upload it to a network so it could be easily downloaded.
Ari gave Linus a directory called linux on his FTP server, as he did not like the name Freax.
Linus liked that directory name and he kept the name of his new OS as LINUX…
10) Picture was taken when INFY was started. This picture was found in the album of the clerk who took this picture…
The picture was with that clerk only because it was his birthday and he just told everyone to stand together at one place to take a pic.
He borrowed a camera from his friend and as he could not tell any of his superiors to take picture he took it by himself… even though it was his birthday.
AND THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN WHEN SUPERHIT SHOLAY WAS STARTED……
They were looking at Asrani as he was practicing first time with his funny Jailer’s dress… ALONE on one rock…