What are Business Views that Oracle refers to within all the intelligence products like BIS, Discoverer for APPs and Daily Business Intelligence?
- A Business View is a database view on top of Oracle Apps Tables
- Logical view encapsulating key columns and extra information from Flex Fields (Key and Descriptive)
- Easy and Efficient mechanism to reflect any Flex Field changes
- Pre-built Security encoded within each Business views.
- Security is defined based on Operating Unit, Inventory Organization and Business Groups
- Pre-seeded EUL Folders use Business Views as their data source
Business Views is comparable to Noetix views
Why do we need to Regenerate Business Views?
- Oracle just provides the base skeleton of the view.
- This skeleton view usually has a suffix of _FV (FV = Full View)
- This skeleton view has all the required columns plus instructions on how to extract the Flex Field Columns
- Sample instruction ‘_DF:PER:PER_GRADES:grdâ€˜
- Business View Generator Program reads the skeleton view definition and creates a complete _FG view (Full Generated)
- EUL Folders point to the _FG views