* According to Cognos, roving users will be able to tap CognosÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Go! Office Connection to view, interact with, and refresh reports, analyses, and metrics in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
* Cognos promises, IT organizations wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to reauthor, reformat, or otherwise tweak reports, charts, or other BI content in order to make it consumable by mobile client devices.
* Go! Mobile will also include support for CognosÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Go! Search Service, which lets users remotely search forÃ¢â‚¬â€?and viewÃ¢â‚¬â€?BI content. According to Cognos, Ã¢â‚¬Å“It takes between 30 and 60 seconds to find a report and then have it downloaded on your Blackberry.Ã¢â‚¬Â?
* This product, in Alpha phase, to be released next year, is catch up for Cognos; OBIEE has offered mobile device integration for some time.
* In addition, like the differentiating claim of Cognos, with OBIEE, for devices that can support html and reports at a sufficient resolution (as well as potentially other delivered content, e.g., pdf), no modification is required to the delivered content. Cognos is delivering me too functionality in the distant future!!
* In addition, unlike OBIEE, Cognos still does not offer true fully featured disconnected analysis, a key differentiator for the mobile user!!